Thursday, May 21, 2026
  • About
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
Ecobuild.club
  • Home
  • Sustainability
  • Insulation
  • Energy Efficiency
  • Eco Build
  • Green Energy
  • Natural Global Resources
  • Videos
No Result
View All Result
Ecobuild.club
Home Sustainability

UN condemns attack on Ebola treatment centre in DR Congo which left doctor dead, two others injured

20th April 2019
in Sustainability
0
UN condemns attack on Ebola treatment centre in DR Congo which left doctor dead, two others injured
0
SHARES
14
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Related posts

Press Release | Developing economies bear the brunt of Middle East conflict as growth slows and inflation rises, UN warns

19th May 2026

International Day for Biological Diversity (IDB) 2026

18th May 2026

Doctor Valery Mouzoko Kiboung was an epidemiologist deployed by WHO in response to the outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus disease that began last August, in the eastern North Kivu area of DRC, which is home to dozens of armed groups. 

Today we lost one of our very own: Dr Richard Valery Mouzoko Kiboung, an epidemiologist deployed in the #Ebola response in #DRC, during a hospital attack in Butembo.
We grieve together with his family during this difficult time. pic.twitter.com/dJ52VL64Yn

— Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (@DrTedros) April 19, 2019

UN chief António Guterres called on the Congolese authorities “to spare no effort in identifying and swiftly bringing to justice the perpetrators” of the attack at Butembo Hospital, and extended his deepest condolences to the bereaved family, and a swift recovery to the injured.  

The head of the WHO, Tedros Adhanom Gebreyesus, said that “we grieve together” wth Dr. Mouzoko’s family, “during this difficult time”.  

 The Secretary-General expressed his “solidarity with the people and Government” of the DRC, and reiterated “the determination of the United Nations system to continue their work in support of the Congolese authorities to bring the Ebola outbreak to an end.” 

Outrage at attack – WHO chief 

Mr. Tedros said in a statement, that the killing was “a tragic reminder of the risks health workers take every day, to protect the lives and health of others. We are outraged by this attack: health workers and health facilities must never be targets”. 

WHO said that the attack had taken place while a coordination meeting on fighting the Ebola outbreak had been taking place. “We are assessing the security situation to ensure the safety of all patients, health workers, and Ebola responders, said Mr. Tedros. “At the same time, we remain committed to continue supporting the Ministry of Health of DRC, to end this oubreak as quickly as possible”. 

More than 1,200 confirmed and probable cases of Ebola have been recorded since the outbreak began, with more than 760 deaths confirmed.


Source link

Previous Post

Eco - Gaining Skills, Advanced Workshop and Wooden Carts - Let's Play Eco Gameplay Highlights Part 3

Next Post

Jhabua Adivasi prakriti puja.|| आदिवासीयों का एक अद्भुत रेकार्ड|| environment friendly adivasi

Next Post
Jhabua Adivasi prakriti puja.|| आदिवासीयों का एक अद्भुत रेकार्ड|| environment friendly adivasi

Jhabua Adivasi prakriti puja.|| आदिवासीयों का एक अद्भुत रेकार्ड|| environment friendly adivasi

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

RECOMMENDED NEWS

Press Release | Developing economies bear the brunt of Middle East conflict as growth slows and inflation rises, UN warns

2 days ago

International Day for Biological Diversity (IDB) 2026

3 days ago

What is the ‘Like-for-Like’ Approach in Carbon Dioxide Removal?

2 days ago

How Sustainable Ocean Plans Can Help the EU Ocean Act Succeed

5 hours ago

POPULAR NEWS

  • World News in Brief: Aid for Syria, children under attack in Mozambique, rights-based climate action

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • 4 Investments to Secure Ocean Health and Wealth

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Sudan launches first malaria vaccine in landmark child health initiative

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • A city safe for women is safe for all: Women’s voices lead at World Urban Forum in Cairo

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Experts make case for tackling climate and sustainable development together

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
Ecobuild.club

ecobuild.club is an online news portal which aims to provide knowledge about Sustainability, Insulation, Energy Efficiency, Eco Build, Green Energy & Natural Global Resources.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • How Sustainable Ocean Plans Can Help the EU Ocean Act Succeed
  • Energy Leaders Tout the Benefits of Renewables
  • What is the ‘Like-for-Like’ Approach in Carbon Dioxide Removal?

Category

  • Eco Build
  • Energy Efficiency
  • Green Energy
  • Insulation
  • Natural Global Resources
  • Sustainability
  • Videos

Subscribe to get more!

  • About
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy

© 2018 EcoBuild.club - All about Eco Friendly Environment !

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Sustainability
  • Insulation
  • Energy Efficiency
  • Eco Build
  • Green Energy
  • Natural Global Resources
  • Videos

© 2018 EcoBuild.club - All about Eco Friendly Environment !